Friday, September 21, 2012

Blocks

  I get stumped too.  Sometimes, all I am drawing is a blank.  So what do I do?
  I reach for a paper punch. Start from there.
  Layer on mists,  and pile on different embellishments.
  I borrowed this cool birds on a wire Sizzix die from a friend.    I die cut them, and ended up with white white birds.  I sat on the idea for a couple of weeks.  I truly did not know what I would do with it.  I really don't like coloring with markers.  I think using markers, takes up a lot of time.  I am not a very patient person.  So no,  I did not even bother purchasing distress markers.
  I do however, like to play around with inktense and Prang water colors.  And so it clicked.  I colored the birds with water colors.  Totally loved the metallic shiny effect.
  Birds on a wire, now available at Memory Lane store.  Please do take advantage of the awesome online Hero Arts sale.  Some stamps are at 40% off.

No comments:

Post a Comment