Sunday, April 3, 2011

chunky book swap

the crazy things we do. So Karen and I signed up for the Tim Holtz chunky pages, Journey around the World 6 x 6 page swap.
The pages has to have some Tim products or Ranger products in them. Since Tim products are so precious in this side of the world, I had to think of creative ways to decorate my pages without breaking the bank. I asked my assistant to go into the market to try look for these toys for me. She was able to get me the tex cards, some pogs,dominoes, and bingo numbers.
Me, I went to the post office and got the 1 peso stamps. I found the wooden mahong tiles and some mini puzzle pieces at my favourite antique store.
For my inside pages, I added some play money. Embossed a tim stamp, and added some Divi burlap flowers.
And for my back page, I used a sizzix folder. I had a Tim stamp made in Malabon. It cost me 60 pesos. And Sharon's sizzix die cut with crackle paint on them. The surface? Well, that's actually the sack of rice, cut to size and glued on top of chipboard.
Whew. It is actually easier to describe what I did that actually making them.
Fun, tiring and looking forward to the next swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment