Monday, March 28, 2011

Second Wind


I bought this really ugly cabinet for 200 pesos or $4. It had missing knobs. It was dirty. And quite frankly, I did not know what to do with it. All I knew, that it was cheap, and that it had potential.
Dad and I went to the local hardstore and purchased door knobs for my little cabinet. After wiping the cabinets down, it was time to work.


I purchased two sets of the Dear Lizzy line, and had a spare set lying around. Perfect. I divided the paper for the top and bottom part.
I used a Martha punch for my borders.
I used American Craft stickers for the house, the small dog and the hot air balloon. The tree house and branch is from Pebbles. The family is from Making Memories. The bird and the cloud is from Bella Blvd.
I used to have a healthy disdain for "altered" stuff. Stuff, which people decoupage and for me, just becomes even uglier junk. Now, I am having to swallow my pride and say, that now, I am addicted to altering junk.
It all depends on one's concept of beauty. And for me, cute things make me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment