Friday, February 14, 2014

Round 2 Fun in White!



  Heading into Round 2 of the Supreme Scrap Tournament.  First up,  I've never done a single monochromatic lay out in my life.  I am thankful  that this tournament really challenges us to work outside our comfort zone.
  I only had 2 black and white photos.  So my choices were limited.  And  I was only choosing between white and kraft for my monochromatic colors.
  It took me three hours to make this double lay out.  Apparently it takes a lot of work and time to do this.
  I ended up using like 5 sheets of white cardstocks for this lay out.  I punched 2 sheets of paper  using different border punchers.  The more intricate the punch,  the better.    I wanted to recreate the beautiful lace work of the bridal gown.  With the strips of paper border strips,  I glued them down on the white cardstocks.  I was measuring with ruler,  sometimes I do get OC.
   Next up,  I piled on trims and die cuts.  Those die cuts were cut in white foam,  but they had a grey tinge on them.  So I had to paint over them with gesso.
    I finally get to use my Maya Road White sequins which I have been hoarding for the longest time!
  I added resins from Prima and white paper flowers.
  Lastly,  the title I DO,  I used white thickers from American Crafts.
  Who knew I had so many white embellishments in the house?
  Will be making more monochromatic lay outs in the future?  Probably not.  It was a arduous process.  And monochromatic is never my first choice.  I like to live my life in full color!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment