Saturday, December 10, 2011

Day 2 Bed Rest


So this is what Day 2 of bedrest looks like. I am supposed to be in bed resting. I have a bad case of cough and the colds. I was in bed the whole day yesterday just watching videos, feeling as if I am frying my eyes.
So today, I had the hubby drive me to the bookstore and get embellishments. I just love All about Scrapbooking's embellishments, cheap and cute to boot. I was able to purchase the handmade flowers there, the wooden butterflies and they have beautiful gems out now. It's like hoarding, but waay cheaper.
It took me 7 hours to make all 10 tags, for the swap in January.
Why did it take me so long?
I used three different Tim Holtz stamps for the background.
I added two trims at the bottom.
I used a sizzix machine to die cut the Love, the tree branch, the bird and the hearts.
Next, I painted Love chocolate, and used embossing ink and UTEE on it.
I used crackle paint on the bird and on the branch.
Added the hearts. Used stick pins on the flowers. Added the brads. Added the wooden butterfly on the upper left side corner. Used gold dust on the right side. Added gold paint on the tags border.
Cut some trimmings. Added a twine bow. Used a beautiful antique button.
You just need so set aside some time, batch process, and it can be done.
Back to bed, I am just exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment